INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as non-personal demographic information; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and/or other tracking technologies.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide to Heckler & Koch. This includes information provided at the time of joining our mailing list, signing-up for news or other content, registering to use our Website (including our web store), registering a product (including a warranty registration), submitting a Repair Authorization Form, making a purchase, subscribing to emails or text messages, communicating with us (including customer support), reporting a problem with our Website, using Heckler & Koch’s “Rep Portal,” applying for a job, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information provided to us through social networks or third-party platforms when you, for example, engage with our social media content, or communicate with us via social media (such as your name, e-mail, profile picture, likes, location, friend list, photos or other information described by the applicable social network or platform).
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES, AND COOKIES
As you use and navigate through our Website, or our advertising or applications on third-party websites and services, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Information about your use of the Website. This may include location data, logs, information about content and products you viewed, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not alone identify any individual. This information helps us to improve your customer experience, including improvements to our Website, and to deliver a better and more personalized service. This information allows us to do a number of things, including:
- Estimate the traffic, including number of users, to our Website, and the content users access.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your search queries.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (also known as flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. We may place tags on our webpages called “web beacons.” Web beacons are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
THIRD PARTY WEB ANALYTICS SERVICES
You may deactivate the ability of Google Analytics to analyze your browsing activities on this Website. To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on provided by Google at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
We may also use third-party platforms and technology, including platforms operated by other websites, such as Google, to show you interest-based ads. These companies have specific interest-based ads programs that match people that have shown interest in Heckler & Koch through our websites, stores, or other services with users on their platforms and properties. If we participate in these programs, we convert your personal information (which may include name, email address, or telephone number) or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows us to deliver interest-based ads to users of these platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your advertising preferences for those third-party platforms. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To administer and manage your profile or account (e.g., a profile or account associated with Heckler & Koch’s web store, Rep Portal, or product registration or warranty).
- To make our Website and its contents available to you, including interactive features, promotions, and content.
- To provide you with information, content, products, or services that you request or are of interest to you.
- To process a transaction or service you request, such as an item you have purchased, a repair, your registration or warranty, or another service.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To tailor ads displayed to you based on your interests and history.
- Respond to your questions, submission, and inquiries.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- For any other lawful purposes or pursuant to lawful process.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- With your consent.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or the Website and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Heckler & Koch’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Heckler & Koch or any of its affiliates is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including, but not limited to, to respond to any government, law enforcement, or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Heckler & Koch, our customers, or others. This includes, but is not limited to, exchanging information with other companies, organizations, entities, or individuals for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, or loss prevention.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address, cell phone number, or other Personal Information used by Heckler & Koch to promote our own or our third-party partner’s products or services, you can opt-out by unchecking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or at any other time by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you can tell us not to send you promotional e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the emails you receive from us or following any directions provided in the email. If you no longer wish to receive text messages, you can text STOP to the five digit short code for the text messaging program from which you no longer wish to receive messages (i.e., the five digit number from which the text messages are being sent) or follow the directions set forth in the text message.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. To learn more about advertising networks and to opt out of interest-based advertising, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info/choices or the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
REVIEWING, UPDATING AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, and have the information blocked or deleted, to the extent feasible. The right to access Personal Information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may request to review, change, or delete your Personal Information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, in some instances, we may not be able to update, correct, block, or delete Personal Information.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
How do we respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services?
We currently do not respond to DNT signals in browsers because we do not track individual users across the web.
Notice to California Residents
In response to a California law, we will automatically treat individuals with California addresses or telephone numbers (when disclosed to us) as if you requested us to not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of information about you with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
California Civil Code Section§ 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at the address below.
Heckler & Koch
5675 Transport Blvd.
Columbus, GA 31907
Notice to Vermont Residents
In response to Vermont regulations, we automatically treat accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that we not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties, and that we limit the information we share with our affiliates. If we disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use many different measures to help protect information transmitted over or stored on our systems. For example, your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks, and is encrypted when transmitted to us via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, to try and keep the information secure. In addition, we may use a third-party payment processor to process the payment information you provide us. We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
Our Website is not intended to be used by children or anyone under 18 years old. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under age 18, you may not use the Website or services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from, or target our Website or services to children under the age 18. If we discover that the Website is being used inappropriately, we will take steps, if possible, to disable access so that the individual may no longer access our Website.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact details below: