Heckler & Koch is setting up a new production facility in Columbus, GA. This facility will also have a full R&D capability to create new IP independent from Germany. The main focus of this position is product design authority/responsibility for new products starting from a conceptual phase all the way to production. Later on improvements of such products will also be envisioned.
- Design of pistols and/or rifles and accessories.
- Support the manufacture of prototypes internally and externally.
- Evaluate functions and performance of prototypes in close cooperation with the test lab.
- Cooperate with production to ensure a smooth transition of the product from R&D to production.
- Technical support for the sales department.
- Provide guidance and support throughout all steps of manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent is necessary.
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience in the field of design and development experience in a small arms manufacturing environment (specifically construction of pistols).
- Lead on at least one new product design from conceptual phase to market.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes.
- High level of team capability, flexibility and ability to withstand stress.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to organize and plan work.
- Professional skills in Solid Works as well as MS Office.
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Willingness to travel.