Heckler & Koch is setting up a new production facility in Columbus, GA. This facility will also have a full R & D capability to create new IP independent from Germany. The main focus of this position is the responsibility to facilitate the production of our prototypes, as well as the modification of these during the R&D process.
- Assemble prototype weapons and the respective subassemblies.
- Build fixtures, needed to build/assemble/test weapons.
- Support the manufacture of prototype parts internally and externally.
- Support purchasing with technical support when acquiring prototype parts.
- Cooperate with production to ensure a smooth transition of the product from R&D to production.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes.
- 3-D printing
- Heat treatment
- Wire-/Water-/LASER cutting
- Injection molding
- Deep hole drilling
- Hammer forging
- Surface treatment
- High level of team capability, flexibility and ability to withstand stress.
- Solid Works and MS Office experience preferred but not required.
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent education and work experience is required.