The Goods Receipt Inspector is responsible of ensuring that only high-quality materials and parts will be used for our products and that only high quality products are delivered to the customer. He/she will lead, monitor, train and consult a team of warehouse personnel responsible for the incoming and shipment inspection.
- Monitor all inspections and actions done to ensure a high level of vendor quality.
- Monitor all shipment inspections and actions done to ensure a high level of shipment quality.
- Lead, motivate, train and consult a team of inspectors.
- Make decisions to non-conforming parts/materials.
- Report and solve quality issues on supplied materials and parts.
- Perform PPAP and FAI
- Perform vendor qualifications/audits.
- Creation of inspection, control and reaction plans.
- Creation of quality reports.
- Analysis of statistics and data regarding quality aspects.
- Maintain communication with other departments.
- Knowledgeable in control and inspection plans, AQL, PPAP and FAI.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills and must be able to lead and motivate a team.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to evaluate situation and make decisions with little or no guidance.
- Skilled in the use of inspection and measuring equipment.
- Must possess good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, CAQ).
- Willingness to travel (volume of travel will be up to 10%) and ability to work overtime as needed.
Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferable in the quality department of an automotive company.
- An Associate degree in a technical field.
- Practical work experience in vendor qualification/audits.
- Experience in CAQ programs.
- Experience in part and gage inspections.
- Experience in ISO 10474 and/or EN 10204.
- 5S and Lean Management experience.
- Experience in ISO 9001 and/or ISO 16949 is desirable.