This position has product design responsibility for new products and further development of existing products from concept to production.
• Design of pistols, weapon components, assemblies and accessory components.
• New design and further development of products.
• Support of the project team as well as coordination of the manufacture of prototypes at the experimental workshop.
• Evaluate functions and performance of prototypes in close cooperation with the laboratory.
• Work with production to troubleshoot and solve product related problems.
• Support of the sales department with technical questions.
• Provide guidance and support throughout all steps of manufacturing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent is necessary.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the field of design and development experience in a small arms manufacturing environment (specifically construction of pistols).
• Familiarity with manufacturing processes.
• High level of team capability, flexibility and ability to withstand stress.
• Strong communication, presentation and organization skills.
• Demonstrated skills in Solid Works as well as MS Office.
• Prefer prior SAP experience.
• Ability to travel.