The Buyer will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, and services used by the company.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufactures, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, building and maintaining good relationships with suppliers.
- Implementing contracts and negotiating prices in an international environment.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on futures activities, including implementation of cost savings.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Conducting supplier site visits, audits and evaluations, and developing metrics for ongoing analysis and improvement of purchasing processes.
- Coordination of external manufacture and supply of components in coordination with production management.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships.
- Ability to make important decisions.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Negotiating skill and ability to carry through in the contacts with suppliers.
- A high level of customer orientation.
- Excellent MS Office knowledge.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years of professional experience in strategic and operative purchasing in a comparable function of a manufacturing company in firearms industry.
- Prior SAP experience preferred.