This position will be responsible for managing the end to end acquisition process – bid submission through to delivery and payment for all military and federal programs. The Acquisition and Program Manager will be individually responsible for the effective Program Management of all bids through to contracts.
- Identify Military and Federal opportunities for HK weapons and potential system expansion – FedBizOpps, networking, Trade shows etc.
- Coordinate inputs and write bid proposals – RFI / RFP’s.
- Lead Program Management of all military and federal programs – utilize Microsoft Project and other tools to ensure all input departments are aware of deliverables / timescales and departmental responsibilities.
- Interpret acquisition process within customer requirements and develop corresponding company strategy.
- Coordinate inputs and plan monthly sales volumes for the business.
- Provide input to the annual sales budget process.
- Principle lead on Government contractual negotiations and ongoing management of contracts – Prime interface to Customer Contracts and Project Management teams.
- Management of order intake staff.
- Identification and management of contractual obligations
- Other duties as required to facilitate process improvements associated with all departments.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must display positive attitude.
- Subject matter expert in acquisition process – legal and commercial.
- Must possess excellent IT skills.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make recommendations / decisions within authority levels.
- ITAR,FAR,DFAR,WAWF,CCR,ORCA,SAM proficiency
- Strong negotiator
Education and Experience:
- Must have 10 or more years of experience.
- Relevant product and industry experience.