The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading employees in a manner to meet or exceed Company established KPI’s and targets for production, maximum quality, minimum scrap and the administration and enforcement of Company rules, policies and procedures.
• Monitor production and materials on a daily basis.
• Maintain employee records for attendance, performance, skill level and training documentation.
• Coach, teach, train, motivate and oversee operators in order to ensure safe and proper operation of all equipment.
• Collect and analyze production data.
• Ensure that all operators report any equipment problems; follow-up in order to ensure that effective maintenance support is maintained.
• Maintain communication with alternate shift supervisors, specifically on passing on any pertinent information to the shift that follows or to other operations management.
• Maintain communication with other departments.
• Ensure that production reports are complete and ready to be entered into the computer including labor hours.
• Communicate, administer and enforce company rules, policies and procedures consistently and equitably.
• Build cooperation and team spirit among team members.
• Ability to coordinate staffing requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement cycle.
• Ensure proper production area controls.
• Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to organize and plan work.
• Must display positive attitude.
• Ability to handle stress of deadlines and constantly changing priorities.
• Knowledge of facility production capability, material availability, and production costs.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Must understand mechanical equipment.
• Must possess excellent computer skills.
• Ability to evaluate situation and make decisions with little or no guidance.
Education and Experience:
• At least 5 years of experience as a Production Supervisor in a manufacturing environment with direct supervision of 15 to 25 employees.
• Prior experience in lean management preferred but not required.
• An Industrial or Mechanical Engineering Degree is required.